Another reading thing I’m going to try out~
This reading quest runs from August 13th to September 10th and is similar to a gameboard in that we choose an adventurer and pick books to read based on prompts
I decided to be a Mage because that’s what I usually am. Once I’ve completed the track for the Mage, I’m allowed to either do extra points by following the prompts in blue or pick a new character. I haven’t decided which I might do if I finish my quests (hehe)
What books will I be reading? (tentative list)
- One word title: Timekeeper by Tara Sim
- Contains Magic: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Based on mythology: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Set in a different world: The Hollow Crown by Jeff Wheeler
- First book of series: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
How to gain points? (nabbed right from the post by Aentee)
- All characters will start off with 10 Experience Points (EXP), and each book (in any format: physical, eBook, or audiobook) they complete for the Quest Board will add another +10 EXP.
- The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give +5 EXP.
- The exception is for books written by marginalised authors. These books will earn your characters bonus EXP. For each book completed for the Quest, you will gain +20 EXP.
- Adventurers who complete their character’s quest before the challenge period will earn a +50 EXP.
- You will earn an additional +30 EXP for any additional character quest you complete after that.
- Because I am not interested in employing polynomials or convoluted equations for a reading challenge, I’m going to go ahead and say your character will level up with every +50 EXP. They all start at Level 1.
- All characters begin with 10 Health Points (HP).
- Every 10 pages you read during the Quest will give you +1HP.
- The exception are graphic novels/manga, which will give you +1HP every 20 pages.
- Every 20 minutes will give you +1HP. Completion of the audiobook gives +10 EXP, unless it’s written by an #ownvoices author, in which case it’s +20 EXP
- Tweeting on #TheReadingQuest hashtag (with meaningful tweets about your current reads, roleplay with your current character, book recommendations) will earn you +1HP each. You can have a maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions
- Photos of your #TheReadingQuest books or TBR pile will earn you 1HP each. This contributes towards the maximum of +20HP from Social Media interactions mentioned above.
Now let’s see if I even complete this challenge